SAP Architect, Maersk
Why use it?
Eliminate data re-entry and post ledgers more efficiently
Winshuttle eliminates the need for time-consuming data re-entry by enabling users to create SAP Journal entry processes with Excel templates that do not require programming. Through this method, users can post and park GL, AP and AR journal entries. Additionally, companies can also post accruals and deferrals for reversing postings at a future date.
Benefits of using Winshuttle to manage SAP Journal Entries include:
- Simplification of the various journal entry processes
- Minimal data entry and errors through the use of standardized templates
- Faster processing of large and complicated journals
- Customizable templates for different ledgers and actions
- Automation of data entry using formulas and SAP lookup
Winshuttle Journal Entry provides additional benefits of:
- Validations of records before posting and parking
- Errors and messages at one pass for relevant header and line items
- Links to posted and parked documents after post/park for further queries
- ABAP-less installation with no change to existing SAP configuration
BACK TO TOP
What can it do?
Streamline SAP Journal Entry Processes
Companies that use SAP to help them with accounting processes require broad support for various processes and procedures, which can add complexity to the related data. These processes and procedures often have many redundant actions that can add to time and cost. Winshuttle technologies support journal entries for GL, AP, and AR, including:
- GL post and park
- AP and AR invoice and credit memo post/park
- Large document post/park
- Multiple company posting
- Foreign currency posting
- Profitability allocation (COPA)
BACK TO TOP
How does it work?
All of the above can be done without the need for any coding, recording or building of scripts or programs. The SAP Business Suite processes transactions loaded from Journal Entry as though the user was rapidly entering the data manually into the SAP transaction screen. Winshuttle for Journal Entry communicates with SAP over RFC and requires a licensed SAP userid, this is typically the normal SAP userid that an SAP user would use to enter data into the SAP transaction screen. The user also needs to have access to the SAP transaction codes related to the posting that they wish to use (eg: FB50)
There is only one version of Journal Entry and companies can deploy the version for two types of users:
- Authors who would customize templates and limit values
- Runners who would use the template to post and park entries and also schedule accruals/deferrals in SAP.
BACK TO TOP
Which SAP transaction codes will work with the Winshuttle Journal Entry solution?
The Winshuttle Solution will work with SAP transaction codes for GL, AP and AR posting, parking and accruals/deferrals such as: FB50, FB60, FB65, FB70, FB75, FV50, FV60, FV65, FV70, FV75, FB01 and FBS1.
How can I be sure that my SAP Journal postings were entered correctly?
- Winshuttle Solution will provide pre-validation before data is posted or parked and return errors.
- Winshuttle solution will provide the responses from the SAP system at the item level to the data source. Update successes and failures would be visible in real time in the data source and in SAP.
Does Journal Entry require configuration changes to my SAP system?No. Transaction requires no ABAP components and does not require any changes in SAP system configuration.
Can an unauthorized user post entries using Journal Entry?No. Winshuttle require all users to have SAP credentials and they can only submit entries for the transaction codes that they are authorized to use in SAP.
BACK TO TOP