Hyderabad, India, India
Reports to: Head of Engineering
As the Cloud Architect, you are part of the Engineering team focusing on building solutions maximizing use of emerging technologies to transform our business to achieve superior value and scalability. Your role is to serve as the lead cloud architect and trusted advisor on the engineering team relating to cloud infrastructure. The ideal candidate is an architect who has turned requirements into scalable, distributed multi-tenant Cloud products and has experience deploying and managing the software as a SaaS solution.
This will be the lead technical role responsible for providing technical guidance regarding performance, scalability, security, design, and implementation of our cloud services. The architect will be responsible for driving requirements for integrating several cloud capabilities and scenarios supporting the service such as service availability, quality, outage management, and subscription management, correlation of usage and charges, and cost efficient solution architecture. Additionally, this resource will need to lead the development of tools and documentation to enable the Support organization to resolve customer issues, including complex technical scenarios dealing with the cloud architecture.
Are you interested in working in a fun, collaborative environment, for an award winning workplace? Winshuttle is dedicated to fostering a culture of respect and innovation to support and empower employees' ambitions. We're constantly looking for entrepreneurs who aren't afraid to think outside the box, and don't take themselves too seriously. We embrace and support our employees who seek opportunities for continued learning, inspire others, and live and breathe our core PACT values. We have a work hard, play hard mentality; we're constantly evolving lean solutions for ERP business processes by day, and dominating on the frisbee golf course by night. Our strength and competitive advantage stems from our awesome employees, and we strive to create a balanced work life that is as inspiring and rewarding as life at home. Think you might be a great fit?
Essential functions and responsibilities
- Responsible for overall architecture and design of Winshuttle Online SaaS platform
- Closely work with and/or Lead a highly skilled engineering team to guide, help implement and deliver solutions in a timely manner
- Partner closely with the Product Management team to align product architecture with business needs
- Manage diverse requirements, negotiate, and effectively articulate rationale and vision behind technical decisions that support the business
- Research, analyze and recommend solutions which meet business and technology needs
- Partner closely with customer support teams to operationalize the SaaS product
- Hands-on development and code review for key features and applications
- Receptive to change – is flexible. Seeks and adopts improved approaches and processes.
- Initiates action – is results oriented, takes responsibility for actions and outcomes. Meets commitments and strives for high performance.
- Manages the workload – makes timely decisions, prioritizes effectively, solves problems, monitors results and takes remedial action where necessary.
- Technically proficient – knows role and has a solid familiarity with tasks and responsibilities.
- Takes responsibility for own learning – knows personal strengths and recognizes development needs. Is open to feedback and always seek to learn.
- Communicates ideas – strong facilitation and written communication, proposes a way forward. Listens to views of colleagues and takes in diverse perspectives.
- Works collaboratively – shares information, fosters teamwork and contributes to positive work environment where people want to come to work.
- Display ethical character and competence – acts with integrity and intent, is accountable for own actions, behaves according to the PACT values. Act as a good citizen of Winshuttle.
- Deep experience in AGILE development, SCRUM and Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) with programming experience in one or more of the following areas: NET, C++ or Java
- Working knowledge of cloud infrastructure components
- Software design or development
- Systems Operations / Management
- Database architecture
- IP Networking
- IT Security
- SharePoint 2013 experience
- Enterprise systems such as SAP (or other ERP systems)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Virtualization and Containerization experience
- Familiarity with Active Directory, Security, OS Internals concepts
- Understanding of load balancing, geo-redundancy, CDN and VPN technologies preferred
- Relational Database Design/Administration
- Familiarity with relational and document based database design methodologies
- Familiarity with BI data modeling and cube design concepts
- SQL database administration
- 5+ year’s design and/or implementation and/or support of highly distributed applications (i.e. having an architectural sense for ensuring availability, reliability, etc.)
- 2+ years’ in “migrating” on premise workloads to the public cloud / hybrid cloud
- Cloud computing architecture, technical design and implementations including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Software as a Service (SaaS) delivery models
- 5+ years architecting / designing scalable, multi-tenant cloud applications delivered in a SaaS model
- 3+ years with cloud computing application implementations on Microsoft Azure (preferable) and/or AWS
- 10+ years of experience building scalable and highly available enterprise applications
- 10+ years of Software Development experience, on Microsoft technologies
- 3+ years technical skills are required in the following three areas: Windows System Administration/Virtualization, Networking, and Relational Database Design/Administration.
- BS / MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
This job posting does not imply that these are the only duties to be performed. Employees occupying this position will be required to follow any other-related instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by their supervisor. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and meet the physical requirements satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.