Bothell, WA (Corporate), North America
Reports to: CEO
Winshuttle software is a game changer for SAP power users and line of business owners who touch the data of some of the world’s most recognizable brands. Over the last 13+ years, we’ve created a loyal following of Winshuttle advocates and are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) to help take our vision to the next level.
The CMO is responsible for delivering the global go-to-market strategy in collaboration with other senior management team members. Reporting to the CEO, the CMO is chartered with driving revenue growth by increasing customer acquisition, adoption and engagement. This will be accomplished through clear, meaningful insight into the market and customer decision journey that informs marketing strategy and execution across function, geography and sales model.
The ideal candidate is not only an exceptional functional leader, but is also seen as a visionary for the company who can build bridges across the organization to drive transformational change.
Are you interested in working in a fun, collaborative environment, for an award winning workplace? Winshuttle is dedicated to fostering a culture of respect and innovation to support and empower employees' ambitions. We're constantly looking for entrepreneurs who aren't afraid to think outside the box, and don't take themselves too seriously. We embrace and support our employees who seek opportunities for continued learning, inspire others, and live and breathe our core PACT values. We have a work hard, play hard mentality; we're constantly evolving lean solutions for ERP business processes by day, and dominating on the frisbee golf course by night. Our strength and competitive advantage stems from our awesome employees, and we strive to create a balanced work life that is as inspiring and rewarding as life at home. Think you might be a great fit?
Essential functions and responsibilities
- Own Winshuttle’s go to market strategy. Define the company’s unique market opportunity and position as well as the compelling messaging required to effectively capture mindshare and market share.
- Partner closely with sales, product management, and R&D to create a strong and collaborative process that will ensure success in platform roadmap, competitive positioning, market awareness and sales execution.
- Lead marketing efforts to drive demand and find pockets of untapped opportunity.
- Organize, lead and motivate a team of 20+ product marketing, marketing and sales enablement professionals to deliver on the strategy.
- Be an integral part of the executive team responsible for co-managing Winshuttle’s business.
The successful candidate is an experienced, confident executive who is comfortable and effective at all levels of the organization. He/she is approachable, collaborative, and comfortable in a team-oriented culture where open communication is expected. He/she possesses the following personal characteristics:
- Thinks strategically – understands the market, anticipates future trends and uses this knowledge to create competitive advantage and set the strategic direction.
- Translates strategy – converts the strategic agenda into bi-annual corporate goals and key performance indicators.
- Leads change – recognizes strategic opportunities for change, acts as a change champion and inspires others, sets change direction and pace.
- Makes sound and timely decisions – integrates stakeholder views and expertise into clearly articulated decisions that achieve targeted outcomes.
- Uses the full capabilities of Winshuttle – develops level below to be effective leaders, creates a culture of continuous learning and innovation where all employees can reach their highest potential.
- Builds a shared future – creates an environment where opinions and inputs from employees are regularly sought and acted on. Establishes communication systems and flows.
- Over communicates – provides a strong vision that inspires confidence in the future and makes employees want to achieve the company vision and goals.
- Displays ethical character and competence – gains trust by acting with integrity and intent. Creates a culture that fosters high ethical standards.
- Is a role model – displays high levels of commitment and energy, role models our PACT values and sets high standards of behavior.
- Passionate customer advocacy
- Thorough knowledge of (and demonstrated success implementing) marketing principles, brand, product and people management
- Superb analytical skills and creative mindset
- Possess extensive knowledge in a variety of functional business disciplines. Demonstrable experience in developing efficient strategies and business plans for all marketing aspects.
- Solid understanding of market research and data analysis methods
- Ability to apply marketing techniques over digital (e.g. social media) and non-digital (e.g. press) channels
- Strong analytical skills with ability to interpret into actionable recommendations
- Ability to work and deliver under pressure in a fast paced environment with evolving conditions
- Minimum 10 years relevant and demonstrated leadership experience as a CMO
- BA or BS degree in Marketing or related areas; MBA preferred
- Proven Senior Leadership experience in Enterprise Software organization
- Leading and building an innovative corporate identity and branding effort
- Global program/product launch, demand generation, and marketing and field communications.
- Digital market/lead generation techniques including email, social media, chat, SEM/SEO and blogs.
- History of retaining, developing, motivating and mentoring a marketing team capable of setting and meeting ambitious goals.
This job posting does not imply that these are the only duties to be performed. Employees occupying this position will be required to follow any other-related instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by their supervisor. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and meet the physical requirements satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.