Hyderabad, India, India
Reports to: Director Product Management
As a Technical Product Manager (TPM), you are a product owner, expert and customer advocate. You will be focused on leveraging internal resources to solve customer problems with software solutions. The TPM captures and documents the technical knowledge required for Engineering, Support and Service to build, test, support and deploy Winshuttle products. The TPM will manage the complete product lifecycle from initial requirements gathering all the way through to the upgrade and end-of-life strategy. As internal product advocate, the TPM determines what customers want and translates that understanding into a compelling vision that motivates the efforts of all of the teams across the company, including sales, engineering, QA, professional services, and customer support.
Are you interested in working in a fun, collaborative environment, for an award winning workplace? Winshuttle is dedicated to fostering a culture of respect and innovation to support and empower employees' ambitions. We're constantly looking for entrepreneurs who aren't afraid to think outside the box, and don't take themselves too seriously. We embrace and support our employees who seek opportunities for continued learning, inspire others, and live and breathe our core PACT values. We have a work hard, play hard mentality; we're constantly evolving lean solutions for ERP business processes by day, and dominating on the frisbee golf course by night. Our strength and competitive advantage stems from our awesome employees, and we strive to create a balanced work life that is as inspiring and rewarding as life at home. Think you might be a great fit?
Essential functions and responsibilities
- Schedule and coordinate feature demonstrations for internal stakeholders around changes and new features.
- Provide proof points around corrections and new features through the conceptualization and definition of use cases and scenarios.
- Work with documentation teams to ensure that documentation is aligned with releases including release notes and visual preview artifacts.
- Own the creation of product development product specifications that assure alignment and fulfilment of the original product requirements.
- Own cross-functional delivery scheduling and expectations management in both formal and informal settings to ensure that proposed solutions meet customer requirements and commitments made to customers.
- Act as the pivotal point of contact for Product Managers, development leads and development team members within the product management team for one or more given products.
- Ensure that the features, functions and changes made by the product development team are of highest value to the business.
- Uses seasoned professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives with goals and the process by which to meet goals.
- Delegates work to others in the job family according to established procedure and practices.
- Be involved in day to day tactical and operational activities of the product, but not losing sight of the strategic initiatives.
- Provide functional context to the engineering team to help build better products or provide creative solutions to customer issues.
- Facilitates change – encourages continuous improvement of work practices and processes
- Drives execution – engages and enthuse team by cascading departmental goals into individual goals. Sets high performance standards, sets clear expectations, solves problems, provides task clarity and sets boundaries.
- Manages the team – holds team accountable, utilizes straight talk and takes corrective actions to ensure compliance and fair treatment, provides rewards and recognition.
- Keeps the team focused and motivated – facilitate timely decision making, knows when to escalate, provides timely feedback and regular communication.
- Technically proficient – knows own role and has a solid familiarity with team member’s roles and tasks.
- Uses the full capabilities of the team – understands team member’s development needs and aspirations, takes these into consideration when assigning task and responsibilities. Develops and coaches so team can reach full potential.
- Over communicates – hosts team communication (1:1`s and team meetings), cascades important and need to know information.
- Involves employees in decision making – encourages them to communicate their ideas and proposed solutions.
- Manages collaboratively – Foster teamwork, empowers and trusts employees to deliver, delegates appropriately.
- Displays ethical character and competence – gains trust by acting with integrity and intent.
- Is a role model – displays high levels of commitment and energy, role models our company values, sets high standards of behaviour. Influence others positively, act as a good citizen of Winshuttle.
- Experience of Working on complex issues where analysis requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Knowledge and Understanding require to exercises judgment in selecting methods, creative techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Internal and external contacts often pertain to company plans and objectives.
- Proven ability to effectively lead large customer facing business solution projects
- Proven ability to understand the impact of technology on business challenges, processes, and efficiency
- Demonstrated ability to explain benefits of a technical product / solution to a client in relation to the client’s business needs
- Demonstrated ability to work interdependently and to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Ability to translate technical information into easy to understand language for customers
- BE / Btech or MBA with 6+ years’ experience – 4+ years in product management experience, 2+ years working with enterprise software launches.
- Experience with an SAP, Microsoft SharePoint and Excel is a plus
This job posting does not imply that these are the only duties to be performed. Employees occupying this position will be required to follow any other-related instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by their supervisor. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and meet the physical requirements satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.