More than 350 companies worldwide including Canada Post, Hubbell, and Princes are automating transfer of information to SAP with transactionSHUTTLE
Bothell, WA – February 11, 2008 –Winshuttle Inc., a provider of user-empowered data shuttling software for use with SAP Business Suite applications, announced today the release and immediate availability of transactionSHUTTLE v 8.0, an application that automates the transport of information to and from Microsoft Excel or Access and into the SAP Business Suite without any programming, script creation or IT support. transactionSHUTTLE has achieved Powered by SAP NetWeaver integration status.
“Business users often maintain a majority of their organization’s data outside of core ERP systems,” said Gartner analyst Ted Friedman. “One of the challenges enterprises are faced with in managing information as a strategic asset is ensuring that their data is able to be integrated in order to give them one version of the corporation’s truth. Data integration capabilities, including those that can interact with ERP systems and of a wide range non-ERP data sources, will be at the center of the information infrastructure.”
transactionSHUTTLE transforms business processes by giving business users the ability to shuttle data to and from any SAP transaction or business process. Business users can deploy transactionSHUTTLE to perform recurring data creation, maintenance and synchronization in response to business events and for data changes en mass; and for migrating data necessitated by a technology event. Since there is no programming required, Winshuttle customers can redeploy scarce IT resources to attend to other strategic initiatives. Information workers can transform business processes, becoming stewards of their own data and can easily transport Excel-Access data into the SAP Business Suite, throughout the enterprise.
“transactionSHUTTLE has made a huge impact on transforming our business processes at Canada Post,” said Chantal Gauvreau, IT Advisor, Canada Post Enterprise Information Management “We are one of the largest SAP implementations in Canada, with more than 72,000 users, and in the past we had to utilize data entry resources and costly IT programming resources to load data into our SAP applications. By utilizing transactionSHUTTLE our business users are able to automatically upload and download a large amount of data themselves without any programming. transactionSHUTTLE has saved Canada Post more than a million dollars, empowered our business users to be in control of their data and improved the quality of our data.”
Key Features and Enhancements for transactionSHUTTLE v 8.0
Winshuttle has made a number of significant enhancements to transactionSHUTTLE including:
- Improved Graphic User Interface (GUI)– transactionSHUTTLE 8 has a simple to learn, use and deploy user interaction. The user interface presents a three step process: Record, Map, and Run, the user empowered approach for transporting data to and from SAP from the familiar Excel and Access office. The interface now provides an SAP GUI scripting option for recording transactions that are custom or complex.
- Embedded into Microsoft Excel — Users can operate the Run function and runSHUTTLE as a Microsoft Excel Add-In.
- Automated mapping – -Users can now automatically map SAP data into an Excel worksheet.
- Enhanced Mapper — The Mapper has been redesigned with a basic mode and an expert mode. The basic mode is designed for users who require a simple mapping without advanced looping and conditional run functionality. The expert mode provides the full mapping functionality including all of the advanced features, along with a host of new user friendly features.
- Upgraded log viewer with ROI information.
- Integrated scheduler with e-mail notification.
- Embedded application localization features to ensure that business users can utilize the application on all levels in their native language. Currently, the localization has been applied in the German language,in addition to English (the default).
Key Benefits of transactionSHUTTLE v 8.0:
transactionSHUTTLE empowers information workers and business analysts, enabling them to be in control of their own data. With transactionSHUTTLE enterprises can:
- Avoid/Eliminate Manual Data Entry
- Save time and resources
- Improve data quality
- Reduce/Eliminate Custom Programming
- Eliminate impact on scarce technical resources
- Create a People Ready Enterprise
- Empowered information workers
- Empowered data stewards
“transactionSHUTTLE is our most innovative release to date,” said Vikram Chalana, president of Winshuttle. “We have completely reprogrammed this release in order to further enhance our customers’ ability to quickly and easily shuttle information to and from Microsoft Excel or Access and into the SAP Business Suite thereby transforming business processes. The reaction from our beta customers has been extremely positive and we believe this new release will bring even wider deployment of transactionSHUTTLE across Global 2000 companies.”