Bothell, WA – November 20, 2008 –Winshuttle, the leading provider of data entry and data download tools for SAP® users, today announced the release of eSHUTTLE, a new tool that provides centralized visibility and governance for enterprise deployments of Winshuttle solutions.
Loading data into and extracting data from the SAP Business Suite is a critical activity that requires the proper controls, security and workflows. In order to be adequately protected, it is best to use existing security profiles and controls. Additionally, Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) best practices require complete traceability of these activities.
eSHUTTLE delivers controls, security and traceability to enable enterprises to deploy Winshuttle’s data solutions, such as transactionSHUTTLE, querySHUTTLE, and runSHUTTLE across the organization. In addition to using the standard SAP controls, security profiles and audit trails, eSHUTTLE provides controls and auditing for the interaction of Winshuttle’s products with the SAP Business Suite. eSHUTTLE provides this functionality using the Microsoft SharePoint WSS framework, providing native integration to Microsoft technologies including Active Directory, Excel, and Access. eSHUTTLE provides the ideal integration and control point between the Winshuttle, SAP and Microsoft products.
“Data is a critical asset and is considered as valuable a resource as employees and products,” said Erin Stone, SAP FI/CO Senior Analyst at B. Braun Medical Inc. “eSHUTTLE will enable companies to properly implement an enterprise data management effort.”
Key Features of eSHUTTLE:
- Centralized administration
- User and license management
- System configuration and governance
- File sharing and collaboration
- Activity dashboard
- Version control
- Centralized storage
- Usage reporting and auditing
- By transaction type, date, user
- Process management
- Shuttle deployment process
- Data release process
Key Benefits of eSHUTTLE:
- Provides a simple mechanism that allows IT to control Winshuttle user access to the SAP environment
- Centralized repository for SHUTTLE and data files
- Provides comprehensive logging of records uploaded and total time saved by the user
- The process controls ensure that all SHUTTLE and data files are reviewed and approved before being used in a production environment
“Data integrity problems have become worse than ever, establishing huge roadblocks for the timely delivery and sharing of quality data,”said Vikram Chalana, CEO of Winshuttle.”Leveraging Winshuttle’s product suite, eSHUTTLE enables control of system, license, workflow, and version management to provide for effective decision-making.”
eSHUTTLE will be available in Q1 2009