Automate data import into SAP with no programming
SAP transactions can be data-intensive, time-consuming, error-prone, and costly. Winshuttle Transaction™ automates many SAP data-entry processes to increase productivity, protect data quality and maximize a company’s return on its SAP investment.
Want to see how Transaction works? Watch a demo
See how Maersk used Winshuttle Transaction to save money
Nine months into the project we saw our investment paid back.
Karsten Lund, Director-Finance &
Accounting Processes, GSC A.P. Moller-Maersk
Why use it?
Hundreds of enterprise customers have found Transaction simple to learn and easy to use. It works with familiar office applications—such as Excel, PDFs, and web forms. Users can rapidly automate SAP processes on their own without sacrificing security—no coding required. This allows IT to focus on strategic initiatives.Read the brochure
What can it do?
Transaction improves business processes for both implementation and post-production projects, including:
With Transaction, users can automate any SAP process and shuttle data from familiar applications—such as Excel—to SAP. These automated processes use native SAP security and authorizations to ensure regulatory compliance.
Key features of Transaction:
- Transaction requires no changes to the SAP system
- Users can create Transaction scripts and data templates in a simple three step process—record, map, and run— that works the way they work in SAP
- New users of Transaction can have fully functioning scripts operational in minutes as opposed to days or weeks with conventional software development projects
- Users can see successes and failures in their data creation and change activities in real time in the template that they use to update SAP data
- Users can make corrections to SAP data on demand and quickly update the SAP system without repeating several cycles of data correction and resubmission
- Users cannot make changes to data in the SAP system that they do not normally have access to through the SAP Graphical User Interface (GUI)
How does it work?
Behind the scenes, Transaction enables users to:
- Record the steps to complete any SAP transaction (in the native SAP interface)
- Map the relevant SAP fields to an Excel spreadsheet
- Create a shuttle file that acts as an SAP transaction template that any authorized business user can use.
The SAP Business Suite processes data loaded from Transaction as though it were data loaded by a user rapidly entering data manually.
Companies can deploy Transaction in any of three ways:
- Full version – Super–users can create and edit the record, map, and run process.
- Run-only version – All authorized SAP users can securely move data between Excel and SAP using predefined transaction templates. After the transaction, Winshuttle Runner flags any data errors for the user to correct and reprocess.
- Server version – Users can create web services based on transaction recordings by deploying through Winshuttle Server. They can also execute and schedule runs at a server level.
Does Winshuttle Transaction work with any SAP system?
Transaction will work with almost any SAP GUI transaction. Winshuttle has customers who run SAP R/3 4.7, ECC5, and ECC6 with Transaction. Customers all have some success with SAP GUI transactions in SRM, APO and Customer Relationship Management (CRM).
What changes do I need to make to my SAP system to install Transaction?
Transaction is an entirely client-side product and requires no changes to the SAP system. Client machines need to have Windows 2000/XP/Vista/Windows 7 and Microsoft Office installed and may need additional security authorization objects for Transaction recordings.
Does Transaction require the SAP GUI?
The SAP GUI must be installed to enable users to record Transaction scripts. If scripts do not use SAP GUI-script modes, then consumers of prerecorded scripts only need a few SAP .dll files to work, and they do not need the full SAP GUI.
Does Transaction work with SAP Portal?
Transaction cannot record SAP Portal-based transaction screens, but some SAP Portal transactions use SAP business APIs (BAPIs) and Remote Function Modules, and these BAPIs and modules can be used to achieve the same results.
Complying with SAP Security Using Transaction
This white paper describes how the Winshuttle technology architecture enforces stringent, native SAP security requirements around enterprise data access. The paper is written for technical decision makers (TDMs) in an enterprise to assist in evaluating Winshuttle Transaction compatibility with security policies in the SAP environment.