Upload SAP data accurately, and efficiently
SAP transactions can be data-intensive, time-consuming, error-prone, and costly. The Winshuttle Transaction™ module allows you to automate SAP transactions to increase productivity, protect data quality and maximize your return on your SAP investment.
Manually entering critical information into SAP transactions through the SAP GUI is not only costly and time consuming, but also error prone. You need a convenient, timely, manageable, and maintainable SAP data management solution that can integrate a variety of data sources with SAP and improve SAP bound data management processes, without sacrificing data security.
What can it do?
Winshuttle Transaction allows non-technical script authors to record steps needed to complete any SAP transaction data change or creation activity and map the relevant SAP fields to cells or columns in an Excel spreadsheet. Mapping SAP fields to the Excel spreadsheet enables you to create an Excel template that integrates with the SAP transaction. This template can then be used by a broader selection of limited users to push and pull Excel data to and from SAP.
Transaction uses the native SAP security and authorizations assigned to you to ensure compliance. It enables you to transform business processes for both SAP implementation and daily SAP data management activities including SAP data import and transformation, SAP data entry optimization, SAP data quality management, and SAP data integration.
Transaction improves business processes for both implementation and post-production projects, including:
Key features of Transaction
- Requires no custom SAP ABAP development
- Create Transaction scripts and data templates in a simple three step process—Record, Map, and Run
- Get new fully operational scripts in minutes as opposed to days or weeks with conventional software development projects
- See successes and failures in your data creation and change activities in real time in the template used to maintain SAP data
- Make corrections to SAP data on demand and quickly update the SAP system without repeating several cycles of data correction and resubmission
- Access the functions in SAP that are appropriately authorized
How does it work?
Winshuttle Transaction allows you to:
- Record the steps to complete any SAP transaction (in the native SAP interface)
- Map the relevant SAP fields to an Excel spreadsheet
- Save the Excel spreadsheet as a reusable template
- Create a Winshuttle Transaction™ script file that works as an SAP transaction integration scenario available to all authorized business users
The SAP Business Suite processes data loaded from Transaction as if it was rapidly manually loaded by a user.
Companies can deploy Transaction in any of three ways:
- Full version – Winshuttle Transaction™ super users can create recordings, modify recordings and playback recordings.
- Run-only version – Winshuttle Transaction Runner™- All authorized SAP users can securely move data between Excel and SAP using predefined transaction templates. A Winshuttle Transaction Runner™ can easily identify any data errors for correction and reprocessing.
- Integration Server version – Users can create web services on Winshuttle Foundation™ with Winshuttle Transaction™ based on transaction recordings. Users can execute and schedule runs at a server level without any dependency on the desktop client at the time of the run.
- Does Winshuttle Transaction work with any SAP system?
- Winshuttle Transaction™ will work with almost any SAP GUI transaction. Winshuttle has customers who run SAP R/3 4.7, ECC5, and ECC6 with Transaction, and all customers have seen some success with SAP GUI transactions in SAP SRM, SAP APO and SAP Customer Relationship Management (CRM).
- What changes do I need to make to my SAP system to install Transaction?
- Winshuttle Transaction™ is a Microsoft Windows desktop product, and your system needs to have Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office installed. Your system may need additional security authorization objects for Transaction recordings or have the Winshuttle Function Module written in ABAP and SAP certified.
- Does Transaction require the SAP GUI?
- The SAP GUI must be installed to enable users to record Transaction scripts. If scripts do not use SAP GUI-script modes, then runners of pre-recorded scripts only need the SAP librfc32.dll files to work, and do not need the full SAP GUI. Installation of the SAP GUI client with Winshuttle Studio and Microsoft Office on the same machine is recommended.
90% time savings from automating transactions.
Learn how Maersk, a leader in the transportation and logistics industry, uses Winshuttle solutions at numerous global service centers to increase productivity, redeploy employees to higher value tasks, and significantly reduce errors and corrections.
Decreased manual entry process from 6 days to half a day.
Learn how Alstom Power Service, a provider of international support for all energy infrastructure (power plants) deployed around the world, used Winshuttle to reduce the re-entering of monthly attendance sheets into SAP from six days to half a day.
80% reduction in manual data entry.
Learn how Under Armour, a major innovator in performance apparel, streamlined their seasonal product creation process with Winshuttle Transaction, reducing manual data entry by 80% and empowering end-users to run data transfers without excessive IT intervention.