Centralized visibility and control over the Winshuttle deployment
Winshuttle User Governance addresses your governance and administration needs by providing the proper controls, security and traceability needed to deploy Winshuttle solutions across the organization. In addition to adhering to standard SAP controls, security profiles and audit trails, User Governance provides additional controls and auditing for the interaction of Winshuttle’s products with SAP to meet SOX and corporate governance policies.
What can it do?
Governance, risk, and compliance best practices require complete traceability of data entered into and data downloaded from SAP. Winshuttle User Governance provides the ideal integration and control point between Winshuttle, SAP and Microsoft products and works with your IT system to offer the following capabilities:
- Governance and control for the interaction of Winshuttle products with SAP
- Streamline user set-up
- Utilize dashboards to highlight the activities of staff interacting with data
- Establish policies to control and limit activities
- Centralized license management to minimize administrative overhead in larger deployments
- Centralized logging, template and script repository
The ability to bring together user authorization, administrative controls, and governance allows you to fully leverage the return on your Winshuttle investment.
How does it work?
User Governance provides additional governance and control via the SharePoint platform, which delivers native integration to Microsoft products including Active Directory, Excel, and SharePoint. User Governance can be deployed to a new or existing SharePoint environment. The minimum requirement is Windows SharePoint Services, which is the basic version of SharePoint available for Windows Server.
- Can User Governance be deployed without SharePoint?
- User Governance requires a SharePoint environment. However, Windows SharePoint Services, which is freely available for Windows Server, is adequate for deploying User Governance.
- What is the impact on SAP after installing User Governance?
- User Governance is separate from SAP and can be deployed without any modifications to SAP.
- What is the format of the audit logs?
- All User Governance audit reports can be viewed in a browser or exported to Excel spreadsheets.
- Are multi-step approval workflows possible?
- The standard User Governance workflows support one-step approval processes. These workflows can be replaced by custom workflows that include multi-step approvals and/or facilitate multiple data contributors with the full version of Foundation.
- How does User Governance affect SAP performance?
- User Governance is a completely separate environment that does not have any direct communication with SAP, and will not have a direct impact on the SAP system. User Governance provides added controls and auditing for the interaction of Winshuttle’s products with SAP. By allowing IT to create usage policies for Winshuttle users, User Governance can help minimize the load on the SAP system during peak hours of operation.
90% time savings from automating transactions.
Learn how Maersk, a leader in the transportation and logistics industry, uses Winshuttle solutions at numerous global service centers to increase productivity, redeploy employees to higher value tasks, and significantly reduce errors and corrections.
Decreased manual entry process from 6 days to half a day.
Learn how Alstom Power Service, a provider of international support for all energy infrastructure (power plants) deployed around the world, used Winshuttle to reduce the re-entering of monthly attendance sheets into SAP from six days to half a day.
80% reduction in manual data entry.
Learn how Under Armour, a major innovator in performance apparel, streamlined their seasonal product creation process with Winshuttle Transaction, reducing manual data entry by 80% and empowering end-users to run data transfers without excessive IT intervention.