SAP SharePoint Integration – Streamline processes and improve access to SAP data
Most knowledge workers know how to use Microsoft Office, and many organizations have deployed SharePoint in some capacity. With Winshuttle, enabling access to SAP data and SAP functionality is as simple as dragging a custom web part into a SharePoint workspace. The flexibility of SharePoint makes it easy for users to create reports and dashboards that offer at-a-glance insight into relevant SAP data—whether an employee needs to submit a leave-of-absence request or a manager needs to approve a journal entry to be posted.
Additionally, via Winshuttle’s SAP SharePoint integration capabilities, the full set of SharePoint search, content management, and collaboration capabilities are also available in the same dashboard view. This ease of use can help companies save millions of dollars in annual training and support costs and eliminate the need to outsource SAP processes to remote call centers that can cost $30 or more per incident. The skills to use the system transfer easily from one job role to another without retraining, which makes the workforce more adaptable.
Pharmascience Inc. Streamlines Complex Manual Processes with Winshuttle Workflow Solution
"With Winshuttle, we can accomplish the same task much more rapidly. That means getting to market faster—and that’s a massive benefit for us."
Jean-Francois Naggar, Director of Business Applications, Pharmascience
Secure, compliant, and reliable SAP processes for SharePoint
All this flexibility rests on the solid foundation of SAP data, processes, and business rules. Organizations can preserve the value of their investment in SAP and continue to benefit from the process support, reporting, and compliance capabilities of their SAP ERP and HR systems. SAP SharePoint integration enables frequent interaction with SAP processes, which means that systems are constantly being updated with newer, more relevant data. This timely interaction helps ensure the reliability of business information, and strategic decision-makers can depend on “one version of the truth” regarding the performance and deployment of the company’s global workforce.
Drive real business benefits and reduce risk and cost to IT
Winshuttle-enabled SAP SharePoint integration can provide several benefits:
- Rapid deployment: Deploy in days rather than weeks or months. End users can fine-tune and customize the deployment, which enables technical resources to focus on other strategic projects.
- Reduced training costs: Most workers are already familiar with the SharePoint interface.
- Lower adoption risk and greater utilization: Workers are already familiar and comfortable with the system interfaces. They can perform tasks for core business processes in the existing collaboration environment with a seamless user experience that can improve overall productivity.
- More agility for dynamic businesses: Easy self-service tools enable business users and teams to rapidly deploy custom solutions to meet changing business needs, without the extensive involvement of IT or system integrators.
- Powerful governance tools, reduced burden on IT resources: Administrators can govern the entire Winshuttle 10 deployment through a familiar SharePoint interface that provides centralized administration and control.
- Greater availability and choice of IT partners: SharePoint has a broad and deep partner ecosystem that can help companies create new tools and applications on the SharePoint platform.
How SAP Users Hold the Key to Business Process Improvement
This white paper highlights the key role that SAP users play in enabling their organizations to improve processes, and discusses how their expertise and experience is lost in some of the traditional approaches that companies use to try to improve processes. In addition, this paper presents an alternative “user-centric” approach that will enable companies to sustainably and measurably improve their processes.