Streamline data integration using Microsoft Excel and SharePoint
- Rapidly post incoming payments or enter supplier invoices direct from Microsoft Excel
- Execute mass updates to pricing or material records in Excel by directly querying SAP – routing for approval and then updating back to SAP with a click of the mouse
- Auditability – every single data update is completely audited with full transaction history
Moving and integrating data from a wide range of sources is so tedious and time consuming that companies literally avoid data management processing even though this avoidance leads to costly business interruptions. IT addresses this today with extensive use of programming tools such as LSMW, or eCATT. Not only are these solutions costly in terms of IT application backlog extension – they lack auditing and transaction history – an extremely critical shortcoming putting corporate IT at risk.
Winshuttle is a lean alternative to more resource-intensive options such as LSMW and eCATT. This alternative gives users the ability to work and manipulate data in their own spreadsheets via a familiar and easy-to-use interface. Additionally, Winshuttle technologies integrate with SAP security policies to ensure that any access or changes to SAP data are made in a secure, auditable manner that meets the strictest governance requirements. With Winshuttle, SAP SharePoint integration makes moving and integrating SAP data and SAP functionality as simple as dragging a custom web part into a SharePoint workspace. The flexibility of SharePoint makes it easy for users to create gadgets and dashboards that offer at-a-glance insight into relevant SAP data movement—whether an employee needs to submit a leave-of-absence request or a manager needs to approve a journal entry to be posted.
- Rapid deployment: Deploy data movement solutions in days rather than weeks or months. End users can fine-tune and customize the data movement application, which enables technical resources to focus on other strategic projects.
- Reduced training costs: Most workers are already familiar with the Excel, SharePoint and Access interface.
- Lower adoption risk and greater utilization: Workers are already familiar and comfortable with the system interfaces makes it super easy to perform tasks for core data movement processes.
- More agility for dynamic businesses: Easy self-service tools enable business users and teams to rapidly deploy custom solutions to meet changing business needs, without the extensive involvement of IT or system integrators.
- Powerful governance tools, reduced burden on IT resources: Administrators can govern the entire Winshuttle deployment through a familiar SharePoint interface that provides centralized administration and control.
Under Armour Improves SAP Master Data Loading with Winshuttle
"Prior to using Winshuttle, we would need 550 to 600 person-hours to transfer the data from our product development system into SAP. Now we have it down to 112 hours, meaning that the entire process takes just two days instead of 10."
Steve Walker, Manager of Supply Chain Systems, Under Armour