Financial Accounting and Controlling (FICO)
Improve accounting efficiency to facilitate business success
Winshuttle solutions can greatly simplify the time-consuming process of updating SAP Financial Accounting and Controlling (FI/CO) data. Accounting teams often need to move large amounts of data from Excel spreadsheets to SAP. Winshuttle enables users to work with familiar tools to complete tedious SAP tasks in a fraction of the time.
Because FI/CO data interacts with several other SAP modules—such as Materials Management, Production Planning, Sales and Distribution, Plant Maintenance, and HR—its accuracy and timeliness is crucial to many critical business functions. Winshuttle eliminates human error in accounting processes and can help accounting teams realize significant gains in efficiency, productivity, and cost savings.
For example, accounting teams can use Winshuttle Transaction to automate many FI/CO processes including:
- Journal entries—accounts payable (A/P), accounts receivable (A/R) parking or posting, including those using cost of profitability analysis (COPA) fields. (FB50, FB60, FB70, FB01, F-02)
- Posting invoices received from external vendors (FB60/FB50)
- Invoice-receipt with three-way matching (MIRO)
- Reconciliation and entry of purchase card (P-card) statements (FB50)
- Incoming payments and other bank information (F-28)
- Customer invoices (FB70/FB75)
- Fixed assets creation and maintenance (AS01, AS02, ABUMN), ad-hoc reporting of A/P or A/R line-item data, budgeting and other planning transactions (KP06, KPF6)
5 Ways Excel Accelerates Your Return on SAP FICO Business Processes
How can a finance and/or controller professional access SAP FICO data leveraging Microsoft Excel in a highly usable and interoperable fashion while respecting all of the SAP core security and governance controls? In order to fully explore this question, this white paper highlights five valuable ways to leverage Microsoft Excel to reduce Finance & Controller operational costs while making your SAP FICO systems implementation, management and maintenance life easier.
- What SAP FI/CO business processes are candidates for improving overall SAP usability?
- Creating and maintaining general ledger journal entries (FB50, FB60), creating and maintaining vendors and customers (XK01 and XK02), while providing the ability to manage purchase orders (ME21N/ME22N), and invoices (F.43) are all candidates for improving SAP usability. Query usability improvement opportunities (over SE16, SQVI or SQ01) include a broad range of financial reports including accounts receivable aging reports, accounts payable vendor reports – invoicing reports, and fixed asset management reports including depreciation reports, asset status reports, and asset aging updates.
Easy Integration for Financial Data
This white paper describes how SAP® customers use Winshuttle® solutions to automate the shuttling of financial data between Microsoft Excel and SAP transactions. This paper is written for business decision makers (BDMs) in medium or large enterprises who want to know more about how Winshuttle software can improve business productivity and optimize business operations.