Maintain SAP Personnel Data from Non-SAP Data Sources
Users can create and maintain HR personnel actions in an SAP system consistently and quickly by sourcing HR and human capital management (HCM) data from a variety of non-SAP data sources, including Excel and Access. They can also support an offline/online data-entry model by pre-staging personnel master and action data in Winshuttle Central, Excel, or Access prior to the final creation in SAP. This approach helps businesses avoid expensive investments in custom Advanced Business Application Programming (ABAP) interfaces.
Improve the Timeliness and Accuracy of SAP Personnel Data
Workforce mobility and effectiveness relies on agility in HCM processes. SAP HCM and HR provide a foundation for companies to maintain employee and personnel actions data. Failure to maintain current employee and personnel action data can result in employees receiving incorrect compensation or benefits, or having their benefit or compensation reassessments based on incorrect or incomplete data.
Companies that have large workforces, complex organizations, trade or operations in multiple geographies and ones that use interim or casual personnel often have active SAP HCM databases. Employees often have the opportunity to maintain some of their own data or some of their action requests require a manager approval before it is committed. Organizations may not want all employees to have SAP credentials and often want to avoid burdening casual users, like managers, with the complexities of the SAP user interface. Solutions to this problem often involve a more complex SAP technology stack that includes technologies like the SAP Portal.
Appropriate assignment of away dates, retirements, terminations, departmental reorganization, bank details, dependents and beneficiaries, and address data can ultimately determine the accuracy of the view of an organization, and it may also determine the accuracy of its data. Failure to maintain accurate and timely data can lead to skewed or incorrect reporting data.
Using Winshuttle Transaction with Excel or Access as data sources can enable users to rapidly and systematically maintain HR and HCM data in SAP based on data previously entered or maintained in Excel, Access, or other sources.
Watch the Winshuttle Transaction Demo
See how Winshuttle Transaction makes it easy for virtually any user to securely record the steps to complete any SAP transaction and map to Excel or other familiar application. This template can then be used to automate any process, while using native SAP security and authorizations. Transaction can also create a web service based on a recorded transaction. Watch the demo to see how it works.
Benefits of using Winshuttle technologies to maintain personnel actions data include:
- Consistent and simplified templates for PA40 personnel actions
- Accelerated mass creation or changes of HR data
- Avoidance of investments in time-consuming and complex ABAP code or data manipulation routines to create data bridges between payroll, timekeeping, or other secondary systems and the SAP HCM system of record.
- Can I use Winshuttle Transaction with other PA transactions?
- Yes. Transaction works with any standard SAP transaction code and customers’ own Z transactions.
- Does this solution require configuration changes to my SAP system?
- Transaction requires no ABAP components and does not require any changes in the SAP system configuration.
- Can an unauthorized user change records using this solution?
- No. Transaction requires all users to have SAP credentials and they can only execute or record Transaction scripts against the transactions that they are authorized to use in SAP.
- Does Winshuttle follow segregation of duties and SOX compliance used in SAP?
- Yes. Transaction provides an audit trail, requires all users to have SAP credentials, and allows only authorized users (based on SAP permissions) to execute Transaction scripts and view data.
- Does Winshuttle use the same user ID stamp as SAP?
- Yes. The user ID stamp is the same one used by SAP. The log file in Winshuttle captures the user ID and time stamp of any changes.
5 Ways Excel Accelerates Your Return on SAP HCM Business Processes
There are many ideas for improving business processes, but sometimes these come with additional costs. Conversely, there are many ways to reduce the operational costs associated with an SAP HCM implementation, but these may result in increasing the workload and burden on key resources. Winshuttle believes that with the right Excel-based tools, users can achieve the ideal balance – improved HR business processes and reduced operational costs, all while making their SAP HCM lives easier and more productive.