Maintain SAP equipment records more efficiently
With Winshuttle technologies, business users can use non-SAP data contained in Excel or Access to update and maintain SAP equipment records. Winshuttle Transaction works with Excel and Access data sources to promote rapid and systematic maintenance of SAP equipment records.
Improve SAP Equipment Record Timeliness and Accuracy
Maintaining timely and accurate equipment records helps drive data consistency in the SAP system, whether the data is loaded from Excel, Access, or another external system. Failure to consistently maintain SAP equipment records can lead to incomplete maintenance schedules, incorrect asset or cost accounting, and confusion.
A company might use a non-SAP configuration management database (CMDB) for its equipment. However, the company still needs to update its SAP system to account for the financial and descriptive attributes of its equipment. Maintaining this data in multiple repositories can be time-consuming and error-prone, especially if workers enter records manually.
Watch the Winshuttle Transaction Demo
See how Winshuttle Transaction makes it easy for virtually any user to securely record the steps to complete any SAP transaction and map to Excel or other familiar application. This template can then be used to automate any process, while using native SAP security and authorizations. Transaction can also create a web service based on a recorded transaction. Watch the demo to see how it works.
Benefits of using Winshuttle technologies to maintain SAP equipment records include:
- Consistent and simplified templates for IE02 Change Equipment
- Faster mass changes to equipment attributes
- Avoid time-consuming and complex ABAP code or data manipulation routines to create data bridges between a CMDB and the SAP system
- Can I use Transaction with IE01?
- Yes. Transaction works with any standard SAP transaction code and with customers’ own Z transactions.
- Does this solution require configuration changes to my SAP system?
- Transaction requires no ABAP components and does not require any changes in SAP system configuration.
- Can an unauthorized user change sales orders using this solution?
- No. Transaction requires all users to have SAP credentials and they can only execute or record Transaction scripts against the transactions that they are authorized to use in SAP.
10 Places to Reduce Data Management Costs
Given the extreme volatility of the US and global financial markets, and concerns about the overall business outlook, every prudent corporation has moved into cost-cutting and cash-conservation mode. This white paper highlights 10 easy places SAP customers can reduce IT operational costs, with a focus on trimming support and data entry costs by automating data entry. It is intended both for leaders of SAP® competency centers and for business process owners looking for ways to do more with less.