New Year’s Resolutions for SAP Finance Teams
By Clinton Jones on Jan 3, 2017
When you look back on 2016, how many finance transformation initiatives did you successfully implement? If your success rate was below what you expected at the end of 2015, chances are you may have been distracted by other big initiatives in 2016, or perhaps hamstrung by the resources or technology you deployed.
In 2017 we’re expecting more SAP customers than ever before to pick up Finance transformation initiatives, and some will likely do this in radical ways. Some organizations will rethink the way they’re handling finance operations with captive, hybrid and outsourced shared services, others will re-implement finance and perhaps adopt the simplified finance model of S/4HANA.
There are some really great opportunities to consider using Winshuttle in your arsenal of tools and technologies to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of your finance operations. In this blog series, I will review the following five attainable New Year’s resolutions for finance, and explore how you can apply Winshuttle to successfully complete each initiative in 2017:
- Spend less time collecting & correcting Financial data, and more time on strategic analysis.
- Become less reliant on IT, by empowering your team to take control and upload journal postings from Excel to SAP.
- Admit that making changes in SAP shouldn’t be as difficult as it is, and look for tools to simplify updates in SAP.
- Don’t let inefficient workflows and manual spreadsheets impact your ability to create real-time financial reporting.
- Shorten your month-end close cycles and leave the office on time!
If you already have an initiative, and you think it would be a great addition to this list, please let me know, or if you did something interesting in 2016 with Winshuttle technology we’d love to hear about it!
About the author
The Winshuttle blog is written by professional thought leaders who are dedicated to providing content on a variety of topics, including industry news, best practices, software updates, continued education, tips and techniques, and much more.
Questions or comments about this article?
Tweet @Winshuttle to continue the conversation!