Engage 2020 – Insights from 5th Annual Multi-Domain MDM Users Conference
By Kerry Young on Dec 7, 2020
Have we mentioned we have the best user community in the Multi-Domain MDM space? They proved it once again at ENGAGE 2020.
While things may have looked a little different this year, the ENGAGE Online Virtual User Conference delivered on our theme to “Connect & Collaborate” even in a socially distant world.
Because of the virtual format, we even saw an extended number of customer teams worldwide who might not normally have paid airfare and hotel expenses for an onsite event. The event’s accessibility translated to a threefold increase in registrants!
Here’s a quick recap of the highlights, as we brought together the global EnterWorks ecosystem for three days of digital learning, networking, and collaboration.
Engage 2020 Highlights
- Keynotes that motivated and inspired. We all need a little extra inspiration this year. So, we set the tone for a motivational week with “The Bucket List Guy” Ben Nemtin. He is the author of the #1 New York Times best-selling What Do You Want to Do Before You Die? and star of the MTV show The Buried Life. His keynote was exceptional and left us inspired to keep reaching for our deeper purpose.Forrester Analyst George Lawrie also delivered a live keynote address on the importance of quality product data titled, Perfect Product Information Promotes Path to Purchase. He shared research on buyer trends and discussed PIM & MDM’s role in providing rich, dynamic experiences with retailers, distributors, and manufacturers across touchpoints.
- “Best online conference” with extensive training opportunities. The attendees’ feedback was overwhelmingly positive, with attendees calling the event “the best online conference,” and specifically applauded the EnterWorks platform’s educational materials, including best practices and 80+ on-demand training sessions and opportunities for networking.
- Customers shared their first-hand experiences. We were fortunate to hear from many EnterWorks customers – through both case study presentations and our “Adapting to a Changing Environment” Customer Panel. Customer speakers from Avid Technology, Carhartt, Conagra Brands, Holly Hunt, IPC-Subway, and Optum shared their perspectives and experiences on trends and best practices they’ve seen and adapted to over the last year.
- Partners delivered tons of knowledge. ENGAGE was sponsored in part by EnterWorks’ ecosystem of partners, including Amplifi, IntelliTide, Pivotree, DataCatalyst, Intershop, Productsup, 1WorldSync, Codifyd, Content Status, Infoverity, C2-Competitive, and Venzee. These partners not only answered attendee’s questions in a virtual tradeshow atmosphere, but they also provided content, training, and delivered on-demand best practices sessions.
- Still a conference with heart. Since its inception, ENGAGE has been a conference that aims to make a broader impact. This year, the conference culminated in a “Customer Appreciation Night” featuring live entertainment and a charity auction with donations from Holly Hunt, Lane Furniture, Big Rock Sports, Gourmet Foods International, and Infoverity. All proceeds, as well as a matching Winshuttle donation, benefited the Ronald McDonald House foundation.
- The most extensive “Ask the Experts” session ever. People love picking the brains of our platform pros. This year’s virtual forum made it easier than ever to “Ask the Experts.” We had a great roster of EnterWorks experts who answered everything from technical questions to interest about our roadmap.
- Virtual perks. While we missed meeting in person, we found that the virtual conference created value in a different way than physical conferences do – the ability to participate on-demand and easily jump between sessions. Rather than picking a specific track, attendees could experience any of the sessions they wanted at a “self-pace,” which made a broader array of content and training available to every attendee.
Thank you to all our customers, partners, prospects, team members, and special guests for another successful user conference!
To learn more about ENGAGE, or see highlights from past events, visit our conference page.
About the author
Kerry Young joined EnterWorks in 2006 when Ennovative, Inc., the multi-channel publishing software company he co-founded, was acquired by EnterWorks. He directs EnterWorks’ operations and leads EnterWorks’ professional services and consulting organization, ensuring effective customer implementations and ongoing success. Mr. Young brings more than 25 years of technology and business management experience to EnterWorks, having served as CTO for a subsidiary of the Dow Chemical Company, and earlier as VP, Information Technology for Marshall Industries, a $1.7 billion industrial electronics distributor. He previously managed information systems for a subsidiary of McDonnell Douglas Corporation. Mr. Young holds a B.S. degree in Computer Science from Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo and an M.B.A. from California State University Fullerton.
Questions or comments about this article?
Tweet @Winshuttle to continue the conversation!