SAP Data Maintenance
When business users make mass changes to data as part of SAP data maintenance, they often first extract the data into a more user-friendly format, such as an Excel spreadsheet, make the changes, and then upload the data back into SAP. With Winshuttle Query and Transaction, users can extract, update, validate, and upload SAP data from the familiar Excel interface, all while adhering to SAP corporate security and governance standards.
Enhance the efficiency of many common SAP processes
Query and Transaction enable users to make mass updates to SAP data quickly and easily without programming expertise or assistance from ABAP or BASIS specialists. Some of the common SAP data maintenance tasks and applications that Query and Transaction can help accelerate include:
- Material master changes (MM02)
- Pricing condition changes (VK12)
- Customer or vendor master maintenance (XD02/XK02)
- Sales order or delivery changes (VA02/VL02N)
- Purchase order changes (ME22N)
- Fixed assets data creation and maintenance (AS02/ABUM)
- Supply chain, logistics, and fulfillment (ME22N, XK02, CS02, MM02, MM42)
- Ongoing SAP HCM processes (PA30, CAT2, PA63, PP03)
- I am concerned about SAP security and the overall support for business and validation rules that I have set up in SAP. Does Winshuttle support my SAP business and validation rules?
- Yes. Transaction and Query incorporate an important validation step that identifies the function in SAP that will be affected by the SAP data maintenance task and they check to ensure that the data being submitted meets the system validation requirements. If the data being submitted does not meet those requirements, it will be flagged in the Excel spreadsheet with the appropriate SAP error message. The software will continue to process the other data submission records until either all have successfully been updated or have been flagged with validation errors. The user can fix the identified problems and then run “on error” to complete the transaction. Winshuttle technologies tightly adhere to all SAP and organizational rules, validation requirements, and security profiles.