Data Browser – SE16
Replace SE16 and SAP Query
The SAP Data Browser tool, SE16, and the ad-hoc SAP query tools – SQVI, SQ01, etc., have been useful tools for many business users; however, due to security and performance issues with these tools, access to them is being taken away from most business users. Winshuttle Query makes Ad-Hoc reporting accessible to the average business user without compromising security and sacrificing SAP system performance.
There are three ways Query outshines these other products: Ease of use, Granular Security and Enhanced Performance.
Winshuttle Query benefits
- Query is Simple: Tables are organized in a Data Dictionary by SAP Function Module and Transaction Codes in a friendly interface. With a few drag and drops, not only can you report on your live data you also have the flexibility of selecting from a multitude of output types: Excel, Access, Text, SQL or XML.
- Query is Secure: Not only does Query preserve the Standard SAP security, it goes a step further by enforcing Organizational level security (Company Code, Sales Org, Plant etc.), SOX compliance has never been so easy.
- Query Performs: Gone are the days where SAP system performance is at stake because of one badly designed report, Winshuttle Query introduces the patent-pending Adaptive Query Throttling™ to optimize Query performance based on the SAP system load.
- Does query work with custom Tables?
- Yes, Query works with Custom tables as well as custom fields within a standard table
- Apart from the Standard SAP security and additional Organizational level security Query provides, can I restrict the use of the tool in our SAP landscape?
- Yes, Query is integrated with Central which will allow you the ability for additional Governance and workflow.
- Can Query extract data from Structures?
- Structures do not contain table data and therefore cannot be queried.
- Can Query extract data from Cluster or Pool tables?
- Yes, Query can extract data from some cluster tables and pool tables and you can even join this data with other standard tables. HR cluster tables are not currently supported, however.
- How does Query compare to BW?
- Query allows access to real-time live data directly from SAP without the need for technical knowledge to setup or use.
- I am unable to use SQVI to extract data for over 1 million records, can Query Help?
- Yes, query is not limited to a set number of records allowing you to extract complete data sets in one go.